- Before The Show vLog on
- That Damn Toiletseat on
- Do The Butler Bump on
- Bulldogs Finish With A Thriller on
- My new addition! on
- Paul’s Indiana Weekend – Butler Edition on
- Smiley’s 10,000 Calorie Challenge on
- KJ’s 2nd Annual Cancer Sucks Party on
- KJ’s 2nd Annual Cancer Sucks Party on
- Tom Arnold De-Pantsing a Model on
- NCAA Final Four events on
- Are you dating an egomaniac? on
- Doctor Refuses Cares on
- 6 Bizarre Dog Behaviors Explained on
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
Comments (9) | Posted by K.J. on
A Benefit for Cancer Debt Relief and the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Party starts at 7pm
Silent Auction 8pm to 10pm
Living Proof 9pm to 1am
Get a sneak preview of Living Proof’s music here! Their new CD “Feel Good Music” will be available for the FIRST time Friday night and 50% of all sales will benefit the party!
Please join me and the rest of The Smiley Morning Show at Britton Tavern in Fishers for the 2nd Annual Cancer Sucks Party. This is a night for anyone and everyone has been affected by cancer. Local favorites, the band Living Proof will be performing, we’ll have T-shirts again and an awesome silent auction from 8pm to 10pm! All the money raised will benefit the Cancer Debt Relief organization assisting local families suffering financial hardships due to cancer and also the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society which assists those battling the blood cancers and works towards finding a cure. It’s a fun night for a great cause!
Here are just some of the fantastic items in this year’s silent auction! Make sure you’re there at 8:00pm to place your bids! Check back often as we add to the list AND if you’d like to donate an item, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks to all of the businesses below for their generosity!
NOTE: The Silent Auction will be cash or check only. Checks can be made out to Cancer Debt Relief. Thanks!
v Abuelo’s Mexican Embassy
v Britton Tavern
v PF Changs
v The Melting Pot
v Buca Di Peppo
v Moyer Fine Jewelry
v Kenny Chesney Tickets
v A Guest DJ spot on the Smiley Morning Show
v A tailgate package including tickets to see the Boys in Blue from Northwest Radiology
v An overnight stay at the Sheraton Hotel Downtown
v An overnight stay in a Jacuzzi Suite at the Springhill Suites by Marriott in Carmel
v Pizza for a Year from Arni’s Restaurant
v A special edition Beijo Purse
v Tickets to Disney on Ice
v Tickets to the Broadway show “Mamma Mia”
v Champp’s Americana
v Bagels for a Year from Panera Bread
v America’s Incredible Pizza Company – a family four-pack which includes their buffet for four (4), 4 $5 game cards, and two (2) attractions
v A Tailgating Party for 20 from Qdoba
v Uno’s Chicago Grill – one large deep dish pizza a month for a year
v 4 box seats to an Indianapolis Indians game next season
v A FREE one hour therapeutic massage at Inner Balance Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork
v Artisano’s Oils and Spices
v AQUA Aesthetic Studios
v Tickets to see Taylor Swift
v Tickets to Kings Of Leon
v Tickets into the Bud Light Fan Zone on opening day this Sunday of the football season
v A foursome at River Glen Country Club
v An entire beauty package from Dr. Chernoff
v Dave & Buster’s
Comments (2) | Posted by on August 27, 2009
I was challenged to do “whatever it takes” last night @ Crackers Comedy Club in Broadripple. The challenge was to do 3 minutes of stand-up comedy in front of a huge crowd. I was really nervous but it was all for a good cause — people were asked to come and donate canned food items for Gleeners Food Bank here in INDY!
Comments (1) | Posted by K.J. on
Since Smiley keeps saying we’re going to do this on the show and then forgetting, I thought I’d share it with you here.
Courtesy of CNN, enjoy…
HERE ARE EIGHT LEGAL WAYS TO GET BACK AT YOUR CHEATING EX-BOYFRIEND:
So you found out your boyfriend was cheating and you dumped him. That’s great. But it doesn’t exactly satisfy your need for REVENGE, does it?
–With that in mind, here are eight ways to get back at your cheating ex-boyfriend, and they’re all perfectly LEGAL.
#1.) Post a bunch of pictures on Facebook of you and your most attractive male friends getting “cozy”.
#2.) Permanently adopt his favorite sweatshirt, which he accidentally left at your house.
#3.) Gain that extra ten pounds which helps you fill out your low-cut shirts.
#4.) Or lose that last ten pounds your idiot ex was always bugging you to work off.
#5.) Tell his mom, sister or any other family member you were close with exactly WHAT he did, and WHY you broke up.
#6.) Ignore every email, text, Tweet and Facebook message he sends. But make sure to regularly update your social networking sites so he realizes you’re ignoring him.
#7.) But if you just have to respond to an email he sends, tear him a new one with a super-aggressive response (–as opposed to a passive-aggressive one).
#8.) Do the fun stuff that single people do. Work extra-hard at your job, maybe even get a promotion. Take a trip, buy some new clothes and whenever you’re ready, go meet someone new.
–Then, the next time you run into your ex, be sure to mention all the great things that have happened in your life since you parted ways. Or just smile because, hey, screw him.
Comments (1) | Posted by on August 26, 2009
Comments (2) | Posted by on
Posted in: Backstage at Z99.5
Comments Off on Back From Vacation | Posted by on August 25, 2009
So yes I made it back from my vacation with minimal sunburn (on my side under my arm — don’t know how it happened but it did.) Been asked a lot if I picked up any French — 2 words – SORTI (exit) and MERCI (thank you) and that’s it!! I probably should have learned more but I didn’t…too much effort ESPECIALLY for being on vacation. If you have any tips for my next trip to France please let me know so I can sound half-literate.
Comments (1) | Posted by on
I found article in Reader’s Digest and we talked about it on the show this morning…pretty interesting….
13 Things a Burglar Won’t Tell You
1. Of course I look familiar. I was here just last week cleaning your carpets, painting your shutters, or delivering your new refrigerator.
2. Hey, thanks for letting me use the bathroom when I was working in your yard last week. While I was in there, I unlatched the back window to make my return a little easier.
3. Love those flowers. That tells me you have taste … and taste means there are nice things inside. Those yard toys your kids leave out always make me wonder what type of gaming system they have.
4. Yes, I really do look for newspapers piled up on the driveway. And I might leave a pizza flyer in your front door to see how long it takes you to remove it.
5. If it snows while you’re out of town, get a neighbor to create car and foot tracks into the house. Virgin drifts in the driveway are a dead giveaway.
6. If decorative glass is part of your front entrance, don’t let your alarm company install the control pad where I can see if it’s set. That makes it too easy.
7. A good security company alarms the window over the sink. And the windows on the second floor, which often access the master bedroom—and your jewelry. It’s not a bad idea to put motion detectors up there too.
8. It’s raining, you’re fumbling with your umbrella, and you forget to lock your door—understandable. But understand this: I don’t take a day off because of bad weather.
9. I always knock first. If you answer, I’ll ask for directions somewhere or offer to clean your gutters. (Don’t take me up on it.)
10. Do you really think I won’t look in your sock drawer? I always check dresser drawers, the bedside table, and the medicine cabinet.
11. Here’s a helpful hint: I almost never go into kids’ rooms.
12. You’re right: I won’t have enough time to break into that safe where you keep your valuables. But if it’s not bolted down, I’ll take it with me.
13. A loud TV or radio can be a better deterrent than the best alarm system. If you’re reluctant to leave your TV on while you’re out of town, you can buy a $35 device that works on a timer and simulates the flickering glow of a real television. (Find it at faketv.com.)
Comments Off on Have To Lose Weight! | Posted by on August 24, 2009
Is it just me, or does everyone do this? Every weekend, I go out to eat and end up gorging myself with food and feel horrible by Sunday night. I always say to my wife, Liz, “I’m gonna start working out again on Monday”.
About 6 months ago, I worked out for the first time since what seems like High School. When I graduated at age 18, I weighed in at 180 lbs…and 6 months ago, I was about 270 lbs. I worked out and started eating right and dropped nearly 50 lbs in the end result. Like most people, I slowly started eating something fattening or full of sugar and fell off the wagon.
I figure by writing in this blog, I will hold true to my word. I vow to not eat any sweets anymore and work out 3-5 days a week (cardio). There ya have it, it’s etched in stone.